Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ants in my Pants

I'm getting antsy...when is this baby coming? To keep busy, I continue to nest and find projects to work on...Pat must worry when he leaves for the day, I've always got something up my sleeve.

The upstairs hallway/landing in our house needed some love...a lot of areas do, but I am trying to remember that decorating a house is a work in progress. However,  I've had the hankering to tackle certain areas. I wanted to bring a little color and character to this spot - my goal was to spend under $100, which meant the hit or miss Home Goods run, or Ikea to the rescue. I ended up at Ikea and was excited to purchase the expedit shelf {only $40!!} two baskets for the bottom cubby holes and a faux orchid. I accessorized with items and pieces I had stashed away, waiting for a place to call home.


EXPEDIT Shelving unit IKEA Can be hung on the wall or placed on the floor.
Expedit Shelving Unit here

KNIPSA Basket IKEA This basket is suitable for storing your newspapers, magazines, photos or other memorabilia.
Knipsa Basket here

When you walk up my stairs, this is the view...Lady adds a nice little touch :)
I have plans to do a gallery wall of pictures up the right side {maybe that will be my next project}

At the top of the stairs I hung these prints by Michelle Armas and have plans to cover the bench in a Quadrille print (below)

Tashkent by Quadrille

The other side of the hallway was empty, so here is my before and after:

Before

After




4 comments:

  1. love that cute tray - where did you FIND it? great transformation too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tray was a Joss & Main purchase -- can't have too many trays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great there! Love the styling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, Congrats on the new little MAN in your life! Love the wall color! Please share......? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...