Friday, February 24, 2012

Secret Weapon Appetizer

I woke up craving this, so I have to share my favorite appetizer - I like to call it my "secret weapon" because it's easy, colorful and always a crowd pleaser. Grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus with marscarpone cheese. What makes this so delicious is the combination of a crispy bite, followed by smokey flavor. 

Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto

Grocery list:
*A bunch or two (depending on how many you want to make) of asparagus
*One container of marscarpone cheese
*2-3 containers of sliced prosciutto (I always buy extra in case they tear, since they are delicate)


Step 1: Roll out a piece of prosciutto and gently spread a thin layer marscarpone cheese on top

Step 2: Roll up one piece of asparagus

Step 3: Place wrapped asparagus directly on the grill at medium heat and turn after 3 minutes or so (I just eye ball it). Once it's steaming with nice grill marks on both sides (and you smell the delicious aroma) you are all set.

My biggest tip: set aside one or two for yourself because once they are out for guests, they go quick! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I might just make this for my sister this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this ALL THE TIME after you & your Mama made it for us in AZ! We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These remind me of your mom and AZ. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I want to eat some right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...