Friday, March 8, 2013

Eat this!

My friend passed along a delicious recipe - shredded brussel sprout salad. It's beyond tasty and could function as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yummy - happy weekend!
 
Pinned Image
I didn't take a pic, but should have. This is similar enough - from pinterest.
 
What you need:
-a bundle of brussel sprouts
-a few slices of bacon
-one chopped shallot
-olive oil
-eggs
 
I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to measuring out things when cooking, so here is my version:
1. Clean burssel sprouts (chop off tip and peal off first layer of leaves) then chop up in to shreds
2. Heat pan over medium low and throw in a few slices of bacon (I did 3)
3. When they begin to crisp up, add in the shallots, sprouts and a nice pour of oil
4. While cooking I sort of broke up the bacon in pieces. Once everything was nicely mixed and sauteed, I seasoned with salt and pepper, then set aside.
5. Now is the fun part - cherry on top if you will. Fry an egg and top each portion of the salad....amazing!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...